Monday, 26 May 2014

AX 2012 R3 Installation Tips

Hello Everyone

I have not been active on this post for almost 9 months now but now I am back.

So let's jump into AX 2012 R3.

I started the installation today on  a brand new virtual machine.

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
SQL Server 2012 SP1
SharePoint 2013

NOTE:
One point I want to add is that Windows Server 2012 RTM is not compatible with SharePoint 2013. For that you need slip stream version SharePoint 2013 SP1 available on MSDN.

I made one rookie mistake that i want to make sure everyone else avoids because it is a huge pain. When installing the database do not select the the foundations upgrade model without also selecting the check box "that makes t the AOS and Database also ready for upgrade"

If you make this mistake the application will not synchronise.

I simply uninstalled the Database, AOS, and Client and started over.

The next step is to import the Demo Data in Microsoft has again thrown a curve bowl by making developer download the Import Export Data transfer tool from information source.

The next post will be on importing demo data into the AX system so stay updated with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment